Today we have a guest post by the blogger who writes for the #1 self help blog, as ranked by Google.
That blogger, Joi, also happens to be my better half….by far!
I can’t possibly read all the books that are sent for me to review and she’s forgotten more about writing than I’ll ever know, so I begged her for a little help. Thanks to her for all that follows and please click thru and check out her blog:
I read a great number of copywriting books and articles – online and off. The problem with many of them is this: The authors try to teach the reader how to write content the way they would write it. Content Rich: Writing Your Way to Wealth on the Web by Jon Wuebben teaches you to write content how you should write it. He gets that our copywriting should have our individual voice and he helps the reader find that voice.
Then he shows us how to use that voice to attract wealth.
As Jon Wuebben points out in the Introduction, the written word is more important than ever. During the course of the day, take note of the number of words you read, online alone. The number’s astronomical. Now take note of the number of words you’ll remember. The number of words that, long after your eyes were through with them, lodged in your brain and heart.
That’s a writer’s goal after all. A good writer doesn’t want the reader to read then forget, a good writer wants the reader to read and respond. The writer has to connect with his or her readers on an emotional level and the reader has to feel that there is a person behind the words – a person who they’d be friends with!
If they can’t hear a human voice through the words, they aren’t going to respond to them. And the response is what every copywriter is aiming for.
“If you want to know the real secrets to online traffic and a non-stop turbo boost in sales, it’s right here in this content-rich book. Packed with tips and techniques, insights and practical advice, this is one of those rare books that truly delivers. I loved it.” – Dr. Joe Vitale, author of “Hypnotic Writing”
Whether you are an individual in business for yourself or you are part of a larger corporation, Content Rich: Writing Your Way to Wealth on the Web is the next book you should add to your library.
- Learn how search engines respond to copywriting. Your search engine performance can make or break you and your copywriting can make or break your search engine performance.
- Learn how to write powerful e-mails and newsletters. People get a ridiculous amount of content in their inbox, it’s imperative that your’s stands out. Chapter 11 shows you how to make sure it does just that.
- If you fall in love with copywriting, Chapter 16 introduces you to copywriting as a career.
- How to generate free publicity! Free’s usually the right price, and Chapter 7 teaches the reader how to build links and get free word of mouth. Saving money while making money is a concept we can all get behind.
- Chapter 9 introduces you to the power of blogging and rss. Many, many times if you can look at something and say, “Everybody’s doing it,” there’s a darn good reason they are.
- You’ll learn the pages you’ll need to write for your website and the importance of each. It’s critical that you know what your site should include and what it shouldn’t.
In a nutshell, Content Rich: Writing Your Way to Wealth on the Web is the definitive guide to copywriting.
Think of the words you write as Point A and connecting with your readers as Point B. Wealth and the lifestyle of your dreams is Point C. Let Jon Wuebben show you how to connect each of the three in a way that’ll build a bridge to the future of your dreams.
You may have heard me use the analogy before of the importance of teaching someone to fish rather than giving them a fish. If you give them a fish, they’ll eat well for one meal. If you teach them to fish for themselves, they can eat well for the rest of their life. This book will teach you how to develop a copywriting system that will make you a great deal of money. But the beauty of it is this: It’s a system that you can use time and time again.
“This book will help you make more sales and more money on the Internet than you ever thought possible!” -Brian Tracy, author of “Getting Rich Your Own Way”
- The Tim McGraw Guide To Sales Success Nashville 2004: The secrets to being a successful salesperson were...
- Looking For Great Trending News Content For Your Website? (20/10/2009) Viipr Media has launched a new news wire service....
- Telephone + Teleseminar = Instant Content For Your Website “December 1st marks the first day of Global Teleseminar Week...
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up for our e-mail updates (in the sidebar). To leave a comment, click on the post title, then scroll down to the bottom. Thanks!