Is there anybody who hasn’t given you some absolute rules, universal laws or their personal guide to being a whatever ?
Well then, why should I be any different ?
These five rules of selling are from an old salesman who sold millions before that word was as disposable as it is today.
What five things can transform an good, solid steady sales performer to an absolute sales monster ?
1) You have to look good. People have to not mind seeing you coming. Whatever that means for your industry is fine by me. Mine’s slacks and golf shirts one day and jeans and work boots the next.
2) Never, ever stop learning. Read ( almost anything ), study, listen, learn, observe, etc. But never let the learning process slip from your grasp. It’s dang hard to get back ahold of and everybody who didn’t let go is in front of you in line. Sorry, that’s just a fact.
3) You have to like people … or learn to. There’s no way a person who hates people will be successful, over a long period of time, in the sales game. Like my good friend who’s never met me, Bob Dylan, says, ” You gotta serve somebody. “
4) You have to play hard. This game of selling is tough. Sometimes all you get is beat up. Then there’s the bad days. You need to go to the tallest point in your town, look down on the lights of the city at night and say, out loud, ” It’s all mine ! “ And then you have to believe it.
5) You have to subscribe to my RSS feed. Nobody loves you like I do and nobody’s gonna tell you the simple truth like I will. You know I like simple.
Now that I’ve shared those with you, you need to share them with others, so feel free to Trackback, link to and buy radio ads about this post.
It’s a rule.
- Take Pride In Your Work If you want more sales, you have to take pride...
- Mike’s 8 Simple Rules For Repeat Sales I recently started training a new salesman for one of...
- Does Walking And Talking Work For Sales People ? Do you have any customers that you call on that...
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up for our e-mail updates (in the sidebar). To leave a comment, click on the post title, then scroll down to the bottom. Thanks!