Shania Twain may know what you like, but I know what we all want, because human nature hasn’t changed since the masters of selling, advertising and marketing were around doing their thang.
It won’t change in the next 50 years either.
Universal truths and desires cause people to read, to believe and to buy. So all you have to do to sell more of whatever it is you sell is to appeal to these basic wants:
People want to gain, to save, to do and to be.
They want to gain health, praise from others, popularity, time, self-confidence, pride of accomplishment, improved appearance, comfort, social and business advancements, security, leisure, prestige and more enjoyment.
They want to save money, discomfort, work, doubt, embarrassment and worry.
They want to do things that express their personalities, satisfy their cravings and curiosities and attract affection from others.
They want to be able to resist being dominated, to emulate those they admire, to collect things they desire and to improve themselves physically, mentally and spiritually.
They want to be creative, efficient,recognized as experts, good parents, cutting-edge, in first place, sociable, hospitable, proud and influential.
They also covet the heck out of links !
- SalesMarks.com Makes It Easier To Find Sales Related Ideas Via my friend Brandon Hull over at Sales Team Tools,...
- Selling, Telling And Interesting People I hate aptitude tests. I hate college educated human resources...
- The Hard Part Of Sales Is Not Selling Sometimes Selling Is Like Being A Parent Once, long ago,...
- What Makes A Star Salesman ? Every night, somewhere in the world, a Sales Manager goes...
- Sales People Have To Be Enthusiastic As entry number two in the soon-to-be-officially-namedThe Simplenomics Guide to...
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up for our e-mail updates (in the sidebar). To leave a comment, click on the post title, then scroll down to the bottom. Thanks!