My blogging friend Paul Chaney has asked a question about blog traffic in a post on his blog. ( You can see the post by clicking on his name. )
I’m curious myself, so I’m gonna ask the question here and will send a free ebook to the Top 5 suggestions.
Leave a comment here, do a post on your blog, use trackback, whatever. Just give me an idea I can use and you’re entered.
Here’s the question:
What’s the fastest, easiest and most effective way you know of to drive a semi-massive wave of targeted readers to this blog ?
Ready? Set….Go !
Arieanna describes how she goes about getting traffic.
Here’s a few tidbits for you from her post:
-Write 25-40% original content. For some blogs this will mean reading news feeds, as well as other blogs, to catch news first. You can also consider non-RSS content research to find items or to connect the dots between topics.
-Use pictures. They draw the eye. Look on Flickr or Google Images. Take what is Creative Commons, but be liberal with your link of thanks. Ask when unsure.
-Know your area bloggers and link to them. Make sure to comment too.
-Send emails to big blogs in your area. Pitch a story, write something interesting about your blog, and make that link prominent.
She’s got a good post going, drop by a leave her some ideas and let’s share the blog love.
- Some Assembly Required – Added To My Blog Roll The Blog Herald, written by Duncan Riley, is doing a...
- Blog For Sale – Simplenomics I was just adding another of our blogs to the...
- Hightide Blog Publishing Network Ranked Simplenomics is part of the Hightide Blog Publishing Network, in...
- I’ve Got A Blog Crush….Or Two Here’s a post I’d have never done without the blackmail...
- Marketing Blog Roundup I just read, via John Jantsch at Duct Tape Marketing,...
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up for our e-mail updates (in the sidebar). To leave a comment, click on the post title, then scroll down to the bottom. Thanks!